Saturday, August 23, 2008

{Institution} in SL Student Guidelines

This document is a letter of agreement between the {Institution}, your instructor and you, the student. It is intended to help you better understand “what is expected’ when taking a course that uses Second Life content or sites.

Please check the following, complete the information below, sign and date this form and submit to your instructor during the first week of the semester as instructed below.

______

I understand that I may not enter Second Life if I am under 18

______

I understand that I must have my own free Second Life account.

______

I understand that Second Life contains mature content and that {Institution} does not control Second Life and that inadvertent exposure to materials I may find offensive is possible. I further understand that I may exit areas containing material I find offensive.

______

I understand that my conversations inSL are recorded by Linden Labs, may be recorded by my instructor or any resident, and that there are no private areas inSL where conversations are not recorded

______

I understand that I am responsible for reading and complying with all requirements of all {Institution} Second Life Guidelines, including, but not limited to Academic Guidelines, Code of Conduct and associated and referenced materials.

______

I certify that I have read and understand the above and all of the referenced material and agree to abide by all requirements of these documents, including copyright protections and all referenced material.

______

I will email my instructor the name of my Avatar as soon as it is created.


Name _______________________________Student ID Number __________________________

Course ID # ________________ Course Section # ________________

Course Name___________________________________________________________________

______________________________ ___________

Signature Date

SUBMISSION

Classroom courses – Submit to your instructor the first week of class.

Fully online courses – Submit by e-mail to your instructor via your eLearn course email.. Type your name in place of the signature and date the form.


No comments: